Monday, April 6, 2009

Yay for Brent!

Just a little update. Brent participated in the Moot Court competition. He earned the highest grade on a paper and was asked to enter the competition. He made it to the finals and took 2nd place. He was one of 3 to make it onto the Moot Court team. This is just another thing we are more than happy to add to his resume. I was told he did really well during the final. I wasn't able to go, no babysitter. I was however able to watch him in action on Saturday during his 'trial'. I was a witness for his side. He did such a good job, he did the opening argument as well as some of the direct and cross examinations. Brent is almost done with the semester. He only has 4 more days of classes, but a few days for Easter break, so he has a couple of weeks left before finals.
Garret was funny last night. He decided he didn't want to take a nap yesterday, so by 7 he was pretty tired. We were eating dinner in the living room, so he was in his highchair. He got a little sleepy and this is what happened....

Unfortunately his head never fell forward into his plate, that would have been even more funny. He is still growing so fast. One of the problems we are having with him right now is he can open the fridge and freezer. This is not a good thing and I think I'm gonna get those things that keep the fridge closed so he can't open it. He is also tall enough that he can see over the counter and can reach a lot. He also just likes to see what there is in the cabinets and stuff. So we might just get a baby gate to put up so he can't get into the kitchen at all, unless we want him there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Brent! We are really excited for you and that you are doing so well. Keep up the good work. Garret is funny sleeping in the high chair. It is a good thing that he didn't drop down and bump his head. The back is doing good just not as fast as I would like it to be. Mom gets tired of me complaining and chastised me today. Let us know how things are going. Eric did say that you could stay with them this summer if you needed a place to stay there. They are going to New Zealand in August for 2 weeks. Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable! I love the look he gives when Brent calls his name...too funny!