Friday, October 24, 2008

Not much.

I realized it had been a while since I posted anything, but there really isn't much to post. Garret has done a lot better about his diapers and pants since that one bad day. He is so funny lately and still displaying his terrible twos. He has become a lot more dramatic over the last couple weeks. When he says no he'll shake his head side to side (he does this a lot). He loves watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney Channel, its his favorite show. He will actually sit and watch the show. He loves helping with everything, especially making sure the doors are shut in the house. The first thing he does when he comes out of his room in the morning is close the bathroom door, if it isn't already closed. Some days he will fight us when its nap time. I think he might be at the stage where he can take a nap but he doesn't have to take one. Of course I like it better when he does, because otherwise he tries to fall asleep on the couch around 6, and it gives me a little break. He and Brent have both been fighting a cold for a week or so too, so that has been fun.
We had to get a new furnace, thankfully our landlord paid for everything. There was a crack in one of the pipes and it was leaking carbon monoxide, not very much, but still. They came this morning and it took the whole day to take the old one out and put the new one in. We are very happy to have the new furnace since we have been waking up to a 60 degree house for a few days. It got cold here pretty quick. We have had highs in the upper 60 and lower 70s for a couple weeks.
We are very excited for the holidays. We are going to be going out to Utah and California to visit our families. We are looking forward to this very much. Garret gets so excited when we ask him if he wants to go see his Grandma's and Papa's. He is learning how to speak pretty good too. He tries to repeat everything we say, at least the last word or two of the sentence. And when we are talking in the car he likes to put his 2 cents in, but doesn't say any words, just jabbers.
Brent is doing pretty well in school still. He is trying to find a firm to work for next summer, but is fining that most of the ones he sent a resume to have already hired for that time period. We hope he can find something soon, so we can start figuring stuff out.
The only other thing that has changed is that I got a job at Macy's for about 2 months. Its just a seasonal thing so when we leave to Utah for Christmas it will be over. Today was my first day. I am just going to be working at night after Brent gets home from school till the mall closes. I am working behind the scenes again, monotonous stuff, but at least its getting me out of the house for a few hours a few times a week. Macy's is a lot different then ShopKo, better so far. I hope everyday goes as fast as today went. I can't really think of anything else and sorry there are no pics, I'm using Brents school computer and all the pics are on the other one. I will post extra next time.
Oh I almost forgot, Brents parents sent us a web cam so we can keep in touch with them better, and with others that have web cams as well. So if you have one and want to chat with us let us know and we'll hook it up.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Question, you know the Prop 8 stuff against mormons is getting out of hand here in Cali. I've been pretty vocal about it and I'm a little worried about being targeted. So I was hoping I could talk you into taking our last name off of your friends list. Hope you don't mind. Thanks! you can totally delete this after you get it. Thanks so much.