Thursday, July 2, 2009

What is that?

So Garrets latest thing is asking us "What is that?" He knows the answer already but he asks just because. When he asks I'm not sure what he's asking about because we are outside or in the car or something and he doesn't really point to what he is referring to. So I will say "I don't know, what is it?" Then he will tell me the answer. So yesterday when we were taking Brent to work he asked Brent the question. This time he was talking about a bird. On the way home he asked me and that time he was talking about a tree. Ok so when we got home there was a bird on the grass and he said "Mommy what is that?" I said "I don't know, what is it?" He said "Its a bird." I repeated it back to him and he said "Yes, its a bird that flies in the sky and goes like this" and he started flapping his arms like wings. Then he said "And goes like this, tweet tweet tweet" making a bird sound. It was so funny. It just made me realize again that he is getting so smart and growing up so fast. He was able to make the connection between what a bird looks like where it flies and the sound it makes.
I have also been taking him to play group the last 3 weeks since he is now big enough to play on the toys at the park without help. He loves it, playing with other kids, bigger or smaller, and just running around by himself. He usually stays out of trouble, but yesterday there was a water play area next to the slides and stuff, I had to run and stop him twice so he wouldn't get wet (it wasn't the warmest day, overcast and stuff).
We also thought he was developing a stuttering problem. It would take a few tries before he was able to get the words out. It wasn't constant throughout the day, but it was often enough to start getting us worried about it. The good thing is it only lasted about a week or so, he hasn't done it much since, maybe once or twice a day, if that.
Anyway just thought I would share the funny and fun things.

No comments: