Sunday, September 28, 2008

Such a Slacker

I feel like such a slacker by not updating in a week or so, but we don't really have much to update. We are doing just fine. Update about the storm we had, everyone finally got their power back on Saturday. Yeah just short of 2 weeks with the power out. We were very lucky we were only out for just under 2 days.
We have tried to get Garret starting on the whole potty training thing, but you can imagine how that is going. He will sit on the potty, for about 30 sec, but he won't do anything in it yet. I think I need to start putting him up there at least 1 time every couple hours or so. By the way, any suggestions are greatly needed and appreciated. Another thing is that he won't sit in his high chair anymore. I watch our neighbors 3 year old during the days and so he wanted to copy her and sit in a chair to eat. So now he sits on the phone book on a 'big boy' chair. He has also graduated to size 3T almost officially. He can still fit into 2T, but the shorts are getting a little too short, and the shirts a little too tight. So we thank Eric and Patricia for giving us their boys old clothes. Without them we would be in trouble.
I guess the other thing to update is that Garret and I are not going to be able to go out to California for Michelle's wedding in November. We have the opportunity to go to Utah and California for Christmas, so instead of 2 of us going out, all 3 of us will be able to. I am sad that I will be missing the first wedding of my girlfriends, but I guess that is what happens sometimes. I was nervous anyway to try and fly with Garret by myself. He has never been on a plane, and he is 2. I have never even travelled with a child before. I am happy that my first experience doing this will be with Brent.
I have a picture and a video. The picture is of Garret eating dinner in his 'big boy' chair, and he is sitting on the phone book, but I don't know that he really needs it. The video is of me trying to cut his hair with the clippers. It tickles him so bad, I can't even get the neck area very well. Man did he inherit the ticklishness from me or what.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kiddos,

Cute message and video, I mailed the cam thing today and a postcard for Garret. Fun time at Disneyland
as you could tell from the picture.
I insured the package and if it comes damaged save the box. XOXO
G'Pa & G'Ma Johnson