We have started potty training for real this time. Garret and I went to the school supply store and bought a chart and stickers, he chose everything. He got to put of 4 stickers yesterday. We are starting out easy, anytime he pees he gets 1 sticker, even if its just a drop or 2, he also gets a m&m. When he poops he gets 2 m&ms, 2 stickers and a hot wheels car he had taken away a long time ago(he's been trying to earn them back for awhile). When he fills up a row of stickers (25) he gets to pick a treat or small toy from the store. We are putting the pee stickers on a row and the poo ones on another row, so he doesn't earn the rewards as fast. Once he gets comfortable enough that he isn't wetting his pull ups anymore, then we will let him pick out some underwear.
I'm debating whether we will take stickers away if he has accidents or if he will just have to clean it up. We will gradually be changing the rules for how he earns stickers. Once he is going on a more consistent basis then we will only give him candy and stickers if he pees a lot(not just dribbles), then change it to a time period and stuff. I hoping by the time the chart gets full he will basically be good to go. I think there's 35 or so rows with 25 box's in each row.
Brent tried to show him how to stand while he goes, but when I tried to help...it didn't work out so well. He has the interest to stand, which is totally fine when Brent is home to help, but I don't know how to teach him all that. Anyway, we are currently in day 2 so we'll see how this goes. I'm already tired of it, being pregnant doesn't help. We have also drilled into his head that he has to use the toilet all the time before baby brother will come. And once baby brother does come he has to keep using the toilet so he can help change brothers diapers, if Garret is in diapers still he can't help (he's really into helping...a lot).
Sorry this was really informative of our plan, but I find if I write it down I'm more prone to stick to it.
Brent and Garret went with me to my dr. appt yesterday. They got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Garret got really excited. He got a huge smile on his face and started doing his little dance thing he does when he gets excited. Garret keeps asking me to take baby brother out of my tummy already. He says he loves his baby brother and will come lay his head or his hand on my stomach. He is being really cute about it. We still don't have a name for this kid though, not that its a big deal yet, we picked Garrets name a couple weeks before he was born. Anyway, we'll keep ya'll updated on the progress of things, and I'll try to post some prego pics or the ultrasound pics or something.
2 comments:
Good luck! It's fun watching your kidlet grow up and learn new things isn't it? I don't think it'll ever get old. But we will! Haha~
What a smart little guy you have, I hope that all is going well, there will be accidents so just keep at it. We miss you guys tons. Give Mr G a kiss for us.
Post a Comment