So Garret has known the alphabet and the numbers 0-20 for a while now, but every time I would try to record him saying them he would clam up and not say anything usable. So he finally cooperated (after about 4 tries of each). He still doesn't speak very well, but you can get the gist of it. His counting is getting better. He counts everything. He will also point out letters that he sees when we go places, or on the t.v. or the computer. Also when we were on our way back from Utah we discovered he knew how to spell his name. We would always write it down while he said the letters and then tell him that was his name. I guess it stuck and he always wants us to write his name. He brought his magna doodle to me one day, so I scribbled on it. He said NO and erased what I did. Then he said G-A-R-R-E-T. It is so cute. He just doesn't perform on command with this one yet, but I caught it on camera. So there are 3 videos, but they aren't very long.
The other day I was doing something in my room, when I noticed that Garret had put my shoes on, something that he does on a regular basis. After my shoes were on the right feet, he picked up my purse and tried to put it on his shoulder. It kept falling off, so he put it around his neck like a necklace. I thought it was hilarious, Brent didn't think so. Anyway so he did it again yesterday and I got a picture of it. Him lifting up his foot was just a bonus.
3 comments:
Donna, He is so cute! And getting so big! Its fun when they are learning new things! I hope that things are going well for you! I just moved to Missouri, so if you are ever on your way to utah, let me know!
smart boy :)
What a smart cute guy!!!! Grandpa & Grandma Johnson love him!!! We hope things are going well with all of you. XOXO
Post a Comment