Brent told me that I need to post more, since I tend to look at our friends blogs more than update ours. So here it goes. Brent took a video of Garret eating his dinner last night, but it was kinda long so I will summarize what happened. I think we have a very interesting 2 year old. He absolutely hates any food that is white, even marshmallows (he will only eat them if we have just taken a bite of it and then give him a bite). He really doesn't like sour cream or any sauce that has sour cream in it. If there is chicken in the dish, like chicken enchiladas, I have to take the chicken off, scrape off the sauce and try to convince him that there isn't any sauce on it before he will take a bite. He will eat some pasta if the sauce is more clear than white. It is really funny, and annoying (we have fits at the table if I make something with a white sauce). Another thing is that he actually likes salad. What 2 year old likes salad? I only know one. He loves it, even if the lettuce doesn't have dressing on it. Well at least I know we won't waste lettuce.
Ok to the next point. Garret is learning a lot everyday. His speech is improving daily. So the video is of him counting with me. He know how to count to 10, but whenever he is really counting something he only says one, two, one, two, one..... its still cute.
He is working on the abc's but he still has problems with a lot of the letters. He recognizes them and can do his puzzle in like one minute flat(even upside down), but can't say the names very well. He has a ton of energy, runs around the house a lot. Oh and he got a fish. I think the fish's name is either shishi or bubbles, both words he says. The young men and young women in the ward did a service project last week to babysit the kids in the ward so the parents could have an hour and a half alone. Well when we went to pick him up, they asked us if we wanted a fish, they had a table full of them, (they had carnival type games for the older kids to play) so I said sure. Its just a little goldfish that is scared of Garret, he always hits the glass when he points to it.
Brent is trying to finish his 1st semester of law school. He only has a week of class left, then finals start. And I am just trying to keep busy, so I don't go crazy. There is a group of women in our ward that have a game night once a month. They play a game called Bunko. I hadn't heard of it before a couple months ago. I went to one of their game nights and had a lot of fun. If you know me you know I'm not really social, so this event was not something that I would usually do, especially by myself. So they have a group of 12 women that commit to playing this game once a month for a year. They had some people move or create their own groups so they had some open spots and invited me to participate as a permanent player for the year. I decided to do it. So this gives me a night for myself without the distraction of Garret or Brent. And it gives me the chance to make friends in the ward since we're in the primary now. Anyway so that is what is going on with us this week.
2 comments:
Garret is so cute! and growing so fast! thats awesome that you are out being social and playing games. Good luck with dealing with a husband in Law school. My sister did survived it...but I know it wasn't easy. Hang in there!
Hey you cute little boy. Grandma
misses you!!!!! You are so smart counting to 10. Nothing really new
around here. We may, some day, have an addition to our kitchen. We have all of our appliances sitting in our garage. The brick is off the back wall and hopefully will be on the front of the garage.
Kiss the baby for grandpa & me. XOXO g'ma
Post a Comment